Graduate School of Economics and Management, Tohoku University has founded Hosoya prize since 2018 in honor of professor Hosoya for his great contributions in research and education in Tohoku University. It aims to encourage young researchers working on statistics especially in social science fields with financial supports by Sunaga fund, a donation by Prof. Sunaga, in cooperation with Japan Statistical Society.
Recipient will be awarded 100,000 JPY to promote his/her research in statistics.
Hosoya Prize is awarded annually in the following schedule.
(1) Application period is closed at the end of March.
(2) Selection committee fixes the recipient in June.
(3) The department invites the recipient to Hosoya Prize Lecture held at Tohoku University in Nov..
Qualification for application
1. Applicant submits one paper for review which has been published within around recent three years.
2. Applicant must be under 40 years old, at the time point when the paper for review was published.
3. The paper for review may be by either single or several authors including applicant.
2021 Hosoya Prize
2020 Hosoya Prize
2019 Hosoya Prize